Kru Pedro Solana
Founder of Muay Thai Sangha Fighting Arts
Pedro Solana was born in Spain. He entered the martial arts world training judo when he was only six years old. In the 80’s he was introduced into Muay Thai by Ajarn Eugenio Fraile, where his fighting career began. In the early 90’s he moved to the USA to further his Muay Thai skills under Ajarn Surachai Sirisute to continue fighting professionally for a number of years. During these years he was training other disciplines including Wing Chun under Sifu Francis Fong, Kali under Guro Dan Inosanto, and various other grappling masters such as Ricardo Murgel and Romero (Jacare) Cavalcanti.
In 1998, after a decade of Muay Thai training under ajarn Surachai Sirisute associacion in America, and becoming the United States Muay Thai Professional Middleweight Champion Kru Pedro left the U.S. to embark upon a mission to train under Thailand’s best Muay Thai masters.
Over the course of his journey, he trained at 45 Muay Thai Camps and Thai Sword Fighting Schools all over Thailand. From these camps, each possessing valuable attributes and unique insights into the practice of Muay Thai, kru combined the best training methods and fighting techniques distinctive to those camps.
In 2000 he opened the Thailand Arts Institute in Atlanta, GA. to support his fighting career. In 2002 he permanently moved to Thailand to continue learning. After becoming a monk, he went to train in Muay Thai Chaiya under Kru Lek and came back to Krabi Krabong (Thai Weapons) training under Ajarn Sila Mesaman from the Wat Buddhai Sawan School where he was certified 8th level Gold Sash.
In 2003, Pedro Solana opened his first school in Thailand where his teachings were based on training fighters to effectively use devastating power and speed against opponents in Muay Thai competitions. Over the years, through experience, deep reflection and self-discovery, his vision developed into a unique style of fighting emphasizing body mechanics, balance and timing. From his exposures to different martial arts “Muay Thai Sangha Fighting Arts” was created.
In 2011, after traveling around south-east asia and training under different martial arts masters, he came back to Thailand, relocating himself in the jungle near Chiang Dao cave. He built a wooden house, living and training there for two years. Whilst in solitude, through deep reflection and training, Kru Pedro Solana realized a natural way of “Fighting Without Fighting”
In 2013, he came down from the mountains to reopen the school in Mae Taeng city (40 km north of Chiang Mai) and teach the Muay Thai Sangha Fighting Arts in conjunction with his new vision of self defense; “Kshatria Sangham”. The new method is build on the principles of Sacred Geometry and incorporates the theory of the Five Elements. The method also uses Warrior Yoga to realign the postures of the body, Martial Breathing to improve performance, and Meditation Exercises to develop awareness.
His work now is involved in teaching classes and seminars around the world to share an essential message for humanity related to overcoming inner fears and developing an understanding of the “Self” through the path of martial arts.
- Black Belt & Instructor in Kickboxing (FEKB – Ajarn Eugenio Fraile).
- Muay Thai Instructor (Muay Thai Association of USA – Ajarn Surachai Sirisute).
- Black Belt & Instructor in Wing Chun (Wing Chun Association of USA – Sifu Francis Fong).
- 6th Degree Red Sash Kru in Krabi-Krabong (Samnak Daab Sri Ayutthaya Chiang Mai – Ajarn Kung)
- 8th Degree Gold Sash Ajarn in Krabi-Krabong (Buddhai Swan Institute of Swordsmanship – Ajarn Sila).
- Instructor in Traditional Thai Massage,Traditional Reflexology and Pressure Point Thai Massage (Wat Pho Medical School, Bangkok).
- Instructor in Deep Nerve Touch Massage with Herbs (Ajarn Mamma Lek).
- Instructor in Advanced Energy Sen Massage (Ajarn Poo/Ong Dam).
- Joined the Monkhood Order at Wat Phra Dhammakaya in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Authorized Instructor in Muay Chaiya (Baanchangthai, Bangkok – Ajarn Kridakorn Sodprasert).
- Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Royce Gracie (1998).
- Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Jacare Cavalcanti (2001).
- Author of the Muay Thai book “Fighting Strategies of Muay Thai” (Paladin Press – September 2002).
- Author of the Krabi-Krabong book “Krabi-Krabong: Thailand’s Art of Weapons Fighting ” (Paladin Press – April 2007).
- Appears in TV shows, performanced for many articles for martial arts magazines, and shows such as “Black Belt Magazine”, “Inside Kung Fu Magazine”, “Revista Cinturon Negro”, “Siam Combat Magazine”, “Ronin”, The Martial Man, Fight Vision etc.
FIGHTING AND OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
- In 1998 – USA Super-Middleweight ISKA Professional Muay Thai Champion.
- In 1998 – SFO (Submission Fighting Open) Lightweight Champion, title successfully defended three times, and still undefeated.
- In 1999 – Battle of Koh Samui (Thailand) Middleweight Muay Thai Champion.
- In 2000 – Opened The Thailand Arts Institute. (His first Muay Thai and Krabi Krabong school in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. until he move to Thailand).
- In 2000 – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Jacare Cavalcanti Open Lightweight Champion.
- In 2000, ranked #2 in the world by IKF (International Kickboxing Federation) at Middleweight in the Professional Muay Thai division.
- In 2002, kru permanently move to Thailand and became a Buddhist monk.
- In 2003 opened his first school in the west of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- In 2007 he moved the Muay Sangha school to Hangdong road, south of Chiang Mai to cope with the demand from ever growing number of students.
- In 2008 he travelled to Cambodia and Indonesia to perfect his skills in the arts of Bokator and Silat.
- In 2009 travelled to India to perfect his skills in Kalaripayattu martial arts and Ayurvedic healing massage.
- In 2010 he visited Wudang, central China to further his study of Qigong and internal alchemy.
- 2011 he meditated in the jungle near Chiang Dao cave for two years, realizing a natural way of “Fighting Without Fighting”.
- 2013 he reopened the school in Mae Taeng city, to teach the Muay Thai Sangha Fighting Arts in conjunction with his new vision of self defense; “Kshatria Sangham”.
- 2014 – Kru has been teaching Intensive Muay Thai Sangha Fighting Arts Courses to pass on the skills and train instructors capable of teaching by the highest principles.